New Form Digital has released eight scripted series from emerging and established digital talent from its incubator program.
The digital production company founded by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer has been running its incubator for new creators since 2014, and has so far landed 10 deals for original scripted pilots with partners such as Go90, CW the Seed, Vimeo on Demand and YouTube Red. This latest round of programming marks the third iteration of the program.
The new pilots include:
- Final Space, an animated series from U.S. influencer Olan Rogers (830,000 subscribers on YouTube).
- Friend Like Me, a comedy by U.K. vlogger Sammy Paul (35,000 subscribers).
- Phantom Nights, a sci-fi series from 21 Reasons to Run director Damon O’Steen.
- The Pick Up Sticks, a comedy from actors Natalie Lander (The Middle) and Michelle Glavan (Expelled).
- Hacks, a drama from U.K. YouTuber Tim Hautekiet (135,000 subscribers) and Madness of War director Patrick Hentrickson.
- Intricate Vengeance, a crime drama by actor Wilson Cleveland (The Annoying Orange).
- The Ministry, a drama from U.K. influencer Khyan Mansley (135,000 subscribers). Mansley stars as Henry, a man who volunteers to help save his ex-lover’s husband from a dubious religious organization — that happens to worship Henry’s writing.
- Welcome Back by comedian Elisha Yaffe (who co-created the web series Downer’s Grove).
Each pilot will feature an appearance by Youtuber Mitchell Davis, who was also featured in the first and second rounds of the incubator. The pilots will be available on Davis’s YouTube channel (which has more than 600,000 subscribers) and on New Form’s YouTube channel.
Some of the more well-known pilots to emerge from the incubator program to date include Sawyer Hartman’s sci-fi/fantasy series The Parallax Theory and P.J. Liguori’s Oscar’s Hotel for Fantastical Creatures, both of which were released on Vimeo On Demand. Craig Benzine’s Algorhythm was also recently picked up by Go90.
“The Incubator Series has been tremendously successful way for us to develop creators’ and their ideas into finished pilots,” New Form’s chief creative officer Kathleen Grace said in a statement. “We give these creators the tools and guidance to do their best work. Distributors have responded; we expect the same successes in greenlights on these pilots.”
Photo of Natalie Lander