Millennial and Gen Z audiences can get their first taste of programming associated with the new Defy Media-owned comedy SVOD service, ScreenJunkies Plus, following the launch of the premiere episode of Interns of F.I.E.L.D. on YouTube.
The pilot episode dropped on the Google-owned platform on Jan. 25. It’s the first long-form series produced by ScreenJunkies and tells the story of a group of over-worked and underpaid interns whose work supports the world’s top undercover superhero organization. It features linear television and film actors including Jamie Kennedy, Jonathan Lipnicki, and Casper Van Dien.
The remainder of the series can be accessed on ScreenJunkies Plus (SJ+), which went live in November, 2015. The service is priced at $4.99 per month.
Other programs coming to the service include:
- TV Fights! – Real fights over the best (and worst) TV shows of the past, present and future;
- Mundy Night Raw! – Two fan-favorite film critics, Dan Murrell and Nick Mundy, duke it out and debate the week’s biggest new releases and undiscovered cinema classics;
- Movie Games with Jeremy Jahns – The YouTube star and outspoken film critic joins Screen Junkies Plus for a bi-monthly series featuring all things movie trivia;
- First & Worst – Movie Critic Chris Stuckmann and a guest debate the best and worst film of a given filmmaker or actor;
- After Credits – Teaming up with How It Should Have Ended, viewers fast forward beyond the movie itself to show after-credits scenes for films that never had them;
- Does It Hold Up? – Host Spencer Gilbert (Honest Trailers writer), guest experts and Screen Junkies Plus fans determine if ’90s/retro films still hold up today;
- The ScreenJunkies Universe – A live show that provides an official gateway to upcoming featuring sneak peeks of new shows, Q&As with favorite cast members, viewer email, etc.;
- Honest Trailer Commentaries – Viewers can access exclusive commentary tracks, outtakes, behind-the-scenes secrets and alternate jokes from Honest Trailers;
- Honest Trailer Exclusive! – Subscribers can vote on which film is next to get the “honest” treatment in a special Honest Trailer; and
- After The Fight! – A post-show that gives audiences access to the special guests to discuss who won MovieFights!, who should have won, and ask questions.