JW Marriott Hotels and Resorts might give viewers a slightly skewed view of what to expect from a stay at its properties with its first original short film, Two Bellmen, which debuted on Tuesday.
The film tells the tale of two remarkably athletic bellmen (played by stuntmen William Spencer and Caine Sinclair) who team up to thwart a high-tech heist at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live.
Produced by Marriott Content Studio and directed by Daniel “Malakai” Cabrera, the short is being distributed on multiple digital platforms – including YouTube and TwoBellmen.com – as well as Marriott guest rooms and in a limited theatrical release (including showings at the Laemmle NoHo 7 in North Hollywood, Ca.).
Two Bellmen also stars Henry Simmons (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Miles Brown (Black-ish), Sophina Brown (The Good Wife), Josue “Beastmode” Figueroa (Southland, Step Up Revolution), Taryn Southern (The Single Life) and Stephen “tWitch” Boss (So You Think You Can Dance; Magic Mike XXL).
An album of music from and inspired by the film with several new and unreleased tracks will be released on March 31.
Launched in September 2014, Marriott Content Studio has announced a string of projects, including:
- A collaboration with producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses of Sander/Moses Productions-SLAM, Inc. (Ghost Whisperer, Profiler, D.O.A.) to develop a branded digital project.
- The Navigator Live, a Renaissance Hotels TV series produced in partnership with AEG, currently seen on cable channel AXS TV.
- Gone, a Marriott-branded travel story blog created in collaboration with Medium, the publishing platform launched by Twitter co-founders Evan Williams and Biz Stone.
- A Snapchat campaign created with the agency Naritiv, featuring contributions from digital influencers Shaun McBride (@Shonduras); Brittany Furlan (@brittanyjfurlan); Casey Neistat (@caseyneistat) and Louis Cole (@funforlouis).
- Category-exclusive development deals with YouTube stars and content creators, including Cole, Southern, Sonia Gil, Vagabrothers, Jack Harries, and What’s Trending with Damon Berger and Shira Lazar.