Trailers for games Call of Duty and X-Men rank among the most watched on YouTube, according the video site’s new summer Trailers Leaderboard.
The aggregated Top 10 list accounts for a total of 98 million viewers and 160 million minutes watched, with the average view duration for each trailer being 1:43, or 74% of the video. All videos clock longer than 1:30.
The Official Call Of Duty: Advance Warfare Reveal trailer starring Academy Award-winning actor Kevin Spacey topped all contenders with almost 21 million views, with the X-Men: Days Of Future Past achieving top film trailer status with just over 18 million views. Mortal Kombat came in third place with 10.9 million views.
Responding to media and entertainment industry queries to see just how much impact trailers are making on YouTube and which garner the most views, the video sharing giant will be publishing the seasonal results quarterly, curated with the same criteria as the monthly YouTube Ads Leaderboard, which includes promotion (paid ads) and popularity (organic views).
The YouTube Trailers Leaderboard includes content uploaded between April 1 and June 30.
Here are the Top 10 trailers:
1. Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare Reveal Trailer – 20,944,564 views
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past | Official Trailer 3 [HD] – 18,009,783
3. Who’s Next? – Official Mortal Kombat X Announce Trailer – 10,958,043
4. Orange Is The New Black – Season 2 – Official Trailer – 8,507,775
5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Official Trailer [HD] – 8,383,880
6. Official Extended Trailer | GOTHAM – 8,029,518
7. Disney’s Cinderella Official Teaser Trailer – 7,510,082
8. The Interview – Official Teaser Trailer – In Theaters This Fall – 6,003,616
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer #2 – 5,690,122
10. Hercules: Trailer #2 – 4,194,986
Click here to watch the Top 10 trailers.